Welcome to the Kindergarten Center
Nurse’s Office Website.
610 - 522 - 4365ext 7226.
Keep your child home from school when:
• They have experienced vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours
• They have had a fever of 100.0 degrees or more within the last 24 hours
• They have signs of contagious diseases such as strep throat, pink eye,impetigo, ringworm, etc.- children may return to school after they have been on medication for 24 hours
• They are waiting for a strep throat culture to be read
• They have head lice - children may return to school when they are treated,are nit-free and seen by the school nurse accompanied by a parent/guardian
• Please remember that if children are sent home with a fever,they must be fever free for 24 hours before they return.This means that they should not return the next day. The 24 hour period beginsfrom the time they no longer have any fever.
Please notify the front office or myself if any of your contact information changes so thatwe may be able to reach you if necessary.
Medication Administration in School
When possible, medications should be given to students at home.Medication may be administered during school hours, if necessary. Please download and complete the form below.
Medication, even over the counter medications, cannot be given at school without permission from your physician. You can download the form from this website or contact me for a copy. A parent signature is also required. Please remember that EACH school year, a new form is needed.
Medication MUST be in the original, labeled container. Ask the Pharmacist for a second bottle, with the label, for school use. Any changes in medication or dosage will require a new written order from the doctor. Remember no student should carry any medication on them.
Pennsylvania School Immunization Requirements
For attendance in ALL grades in 2012/2013 children need the following:
• •4 doses of tetanus* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
• •4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
• •3 doses of polio
• •2 doses of measles**
• •2 doses of mumps**
• •1 dose of rubella (German measles)**
• •3 doses of hepatitis B
• •2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of disease
• Children attending 7th grade in 2012/2013 need the following:
• •1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) (if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization)
• •1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
These requirements allow for medical reasons and religious beliefs. If your child is exempt from immunizations, he/she may be removed from school during an outbreak.
Pennsylvania's school immunization requirements can be found in 28 PA.CODE CH.23 (School Immunization)
Contact your health Care provider or call 610-344-6252 for more information.
*usually given as DTP or DTaP or DT or Td **usually given as MMR