Hello and welcome to Mrs. Rickards Grade 8 ELA Website for the 2020 – 2021 school year!
Please know that whether I’m teaching in-person or virtually, I am committed to helping my students, parents and guardians navigate through this year. To help, below is some general information about student expectations, rosters, communications procedures and links to the platforms that will be used.
Student Instruction: Google Classroom platform
Students have already been added to their assigned Google Classroom for each subject.
Please have your student log into Google Classroom to officially join classes.
- In a browser open classroom.google.com
- Log in using the username and password provided. If unknown, please contact teacher for it to be resent to thee student
- Students will not be able to log in using a personal Google Account
- In Google Classroom accept the invites to join each class.
If when signing into Google Classroom, you are prompted to enter a class code, The codes are listed below.
Reminder: You can only sign in with a school issued Google Account, and you can only join the ELA class that is assigned to you by your cohort.
ELA Class code
Red – Rickards Homeroom
Green – Kelly Homeroom
Yellow – Alexander Homeroom
Blue – Wentworth Homeroom
For the week of September 8, students in my homeroom - RED COHORT will follow the schedule below by entering the appropriate class on Google Classroom at their assigned time to participate in a live lesson
NOTE: If a student is unable to attend at the assigned time, they are expected to log into Google Classroom at a later time, watch the recorded lesson and complete any assigned work.
Rickards Homeroom Student Schedule | Red Schedule
English Language Arts
9:20 - 10:00
10:00 - 10:40
1:20 - 2:00
2:00 - 2:40
Music: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
Gym: Mr. Shell
2:40 - 3:20
“Video and Photograph Release/ Participation in Virtual Platform”
Because the district will be using an online format to present student instruction, it is requiring that the “Video and Photograph Release/ Participation in Virtual Platform” form be completed for each child.
- The form should have received the via email or in-person, if not there is a copy on this website
- You may sign it and return it to the school, sign it and take a picture and send me the picture or scan it
- If you respond “NO” on the form – when your child is on Zoom or Google Classroom, he or she will need to have his or her camera turned off.
Parent communication will be done using Class Dojo: home.classdojo.com
Invites were sent out the week of August 31, 2020. If an email or text was not received, please contact me through my school email, email@example.com, so I can resend the invitation.
Teacher Office Hours: Time dedicated for parent/teacher contact
Grade 8 Teacher Office hours
Monday - Thursday: 12:40 - 1:20
Friday: 9:00 - 11:30
Evening: Wednesday 7:00 - 8:00
If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.