Welcome to the Nurses Office!
My name is Tracey Talley and I am the Certified School Nurse at The Delcroft School. I have been a Registered Nurse for over 25 years, graduated from West Chester University with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, completed my School Nurse Certification in 2015, and completed my studies for my Master's in Education in School Health Services from Eastern University in 2017.If you have any questions or concerns during the school year, please feel free to contact me at 610-522-4360 ext. 2117 or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All forms can also be faxed to 610-534-3717.
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did,but people will never forget how you made them feel."-Maya AngelouSome important information:
- New students entering Delcroft must have a physical from the state of Pennsylvania as well as updated immunization records on file in the nurse's office
- All 6th grade students are required to have a current physical form (see links below)
Any medication, either prescription or over the counter, that needs to be administered during the school day MUST be accompanied by a physician's order. The only exceptions are Tylenol, Ibuprofen and Tums. Thank you!If your child has an allergy that requires an EpiPen or an asthma inhaler, please provide the EpiPen or inhaler to the school nurse on the first day of school (in its original box with the prescription label on the box) as well as a physician order. Thank you!Links for:
- All 3rd & 7th grade students are required to have a current dental form (see links below)
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) K-12 School Guidance
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19 along with other information from the CDC
- The PA Department of Health's information page for COVID-19
Talking to your child about COVID-19
- Preparing for the 2021-22 Flu Season
COVID-19 Vaccine & Testing Information and Links
Important Information about Immunizations
Pennsylvania School Immunization Requirements
Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, the State of Pennsylvania is implementing new immunization guidelines. The following bullets outline the updated immunization requirements for school age children.
· For attendance in all grades, 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
· For attendance in all grades, 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (4th dose on or after 4th birthday)
· For attendance in all grades, 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella ( preferably given as MMR )
· For attendance in all grades, 3 doses of Hepatitis B
· For attendance in all grades, 2 doses of Varicella or chicken pox from vaccine or by history of disease
· For attendance in 7th grade, 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) on the first day of 7th grade
· For attendance in 7th grade, 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) on the first day of 7th grade
· For attendance in 12th grade, 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) on the first day of 12th grade (If one dose was given at 16 years of age or older, that shall count as the 12th grade dose)
We strongly urge you to consult with your child’s physician as soon as possible. If your child has already received these vaccinations, please submit a copy of the record from your doctor to your school nurse IMMEDIATELY. If your child has not received the required immunization, please schedule an appointment and send in a copy of the documentation as soon as it is completed.
ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, unless the child has a medical or religious/philosophical exemption, he/she must have all the required doses listed above or the child will risk being excluded from school.
Schedule an appointment for immunizations as follows:
Delaware County State Health Center
151 West 5th Street
Chester, Pa. 19013 - Phone: (610)447-3250 or 1(877)724-3250
All immunizations are $5