Facts to Improve Attendance at Harris School
Ways to Prevent Truancy
1. Call Ms. LeGare 610-522-4370 x3145 (Attendance Clerk) to call your child out.
2. Make sure your child is going directly to school.
3. Students must be in homeroom (not entering in the building doors) by 8:40 AM.
4. Let someone at the school know if you are having trouble getting your student to school on time.
Facts about Truancy
1. Students who are truant greatly increase their risk for dropping out of school. Students who are chronically truant typically fall behind in grade level and drop out of school.
2. Delinquency. Students who are chronically truant are also at-risk for other behaviors, such as alcohol and drug abuse, teenage pregnancy, and delinquency.
3. Students who are chronically absent require extra time which takes away from their learning; Students who are absent frequently may miss activities and time to build social bonds with teachers and peers.