In mathematics we use different formulas to find certain measurements. In polygons, we can find the sum of the interior angles by using the formula 180(n-2).
We can then again use the formula to find one interior angle measure by finding the total angle measure first. Then divide by the total number of sides.
- Google pictures of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8-sided polygons in nature or the real world. Identify each picture with a caption. (30 points)
- Cut and copy their pictures into a word document that has your name, today's date, and TITLE (centered)
- Underneath write the sum of the polygon using the formula. SHOW ALL WORK! (30 points)
- Then write the angle measure of ONE interior angle. SHOW ALL WORK! (30 points)
- At then end of the document, write EXPLANATION as your headline. Underneath explain how you did one specific polygon. Use key words. (10 points)
- Send this assignment to your teacher via email. Her address is firstname.lastname@example.org
TOTAL POINTS: 100
6 sided figure - Hexagon: Giant's Causeway in Ireland
- each column is made up of hexagonal sides
180(4) = 720*
ONE INTERIOR ANGLE:
720/6 = 120*