7 Crucial Questions to ask at Parent-Teacher Conferences
1. "Does he/she finish what she starts?"
This question yields details about his/her attention and focus, and the teacher's standards.
2. "Does he/she share?"
This question gets at his/her basic social ease. Follow up with "How does he approach a group?"
3. "What are his/her strengths?"
This question helps parents understand where the child's strengths originate so that they can help build upon them later.
4. "Can he/she follow instructions?"
By asking this question you will get a sense of how cooperative your child is when you are not around.
5. "Whom does he/she play with?"
Useful to know for out-of-school time socialization.
6. "How does my child work and play?"
Yields information on your child's work habits.
7. "Does he/she raise his/her hand and express ideas?"
Provides an idea of your child's level of involvement.
Adapted from Parenting Magazine