Course Description: Students will learn how our law system was developed and the differences between civil law & criminal law. This course is designed to help students become aware of their rights, responsibilities and obligations in order to avoid legal difficulties throughout their life.
Course Competencies/ Learning Objectives
Students who successfully complete the Business Law Class will be competent in the following areas:
- Defining basic legal terms & identify how our law system was developed
- Explaining how our court system works
- Classifying laws: constitutional, statues, ordinances, administrative & case laws
- Analyzing wether a situation is ethical
- Identifying the differences between civil law & criminal law
- Preparing opinion papers & PowerPoint presentations on case studies backed by facts
The grading system for the Business Law Class at Academy Park High School is as follows:
Tests, Projects, & Major Papers
Classwork, & Minor Assignments
Attendance & Class Participation (Starting Activities)
20% (School Wide)
10% (School Wide)
The above areas will be used as the basis for 80% of your grade per semester. The final exam will constitute the remaining 20% of your grade per semester. All parents, guardians & students should be checking their current grades weekly on the Home Access Center available on the Southeast Delco Website at sedelco.org.
Late Work: will only be accepted ONE day after the due date for half credit! It will be an alternate assignment if we went over the one that was due that day.