Please note the following changes in 1st Marking Period grades and school calendar for all Southeast Delco students. The district recognizes that therehave been a number of difficulties with remote learning. Therefore, we will be extending the time that 1st Marking Period assignments can be submitted which now is until November 29th. This will allow students extra time to submit missing assignments or improve grades on previously submitted assignments.
In order to assist with this extension, we will also be making a slight change to the school calendar. On Monday, November 23rd, Tuesday, November 24th, and Wednesday, November 25th, all Southeast Delco students, K-12, will have half days of instruction in the morning. In the afternoon of those days, teachers will be available for live drop-in sessions to assist students with assignments from the 1st Marking Period. These sessions are voluntary for students. The previously scheduled grade K through 8 conferences will not be held. Teachers will utilize office hours to update parents on student progress.
General Overview of New Calendar
- 1st Marking Period is extended in order to submit assignments
- The extention will only affect grading, not attendance.
- November, 23rd, 24th, and 25th are early dismissal days for K-12 students
- Monday, November 16th, 2020 - 2nd Marking period begins.
- Monday, December 7th - Report Cards issued for 1st Marking Period
If you have any questions, please speak first with your child's teacher or follow up with the principal.
Greetings from the Kindergarten Center! The staff would like to welcome our newest students to the Southeast Delco School District. The first day of school is September 8, 2020. The first marking period will be online. As a part of virtual learning, Kindergarten Center teachers will use Google Classroom and/or Zoom platforms to deliver daily instruction. Your child's teacher will contact you via email or Calss Dojo. Please make that connection with your teacher as soon as possible. We look forward to working with you this year as we begin our virtual learning experience.
Your child's education is the most important and powerful gift. Together with you, our parent partners, we will support your child on this wonderful journey.
Colleen Burke, Principal
Southeast Delco Kindergarten Center
1 School Lane
Glenolden, PA 19036
The mission of the Kindergarten Center is to provide a child centered learning environment where students will:
- Be engaged through instructional practices that are developmentally appropriate.
- Feel safe and secure as they become independent workers.
- Find learning to be fun, exciting, and enjoyable.
- Learn about themselves and remember their Kindergarten experiences.
- Receive instructional interventions as needed to become successful learners.
- Appreciate and celebrate the diversity in our community